My photo
Kei te mihinui ki a koutou. Ko Horouta te Waka, Ko Hikurangi te Maunga, Ko Waiapu te Awa, Ko Porourangi te Tangata, Ko Ngati Porou te Iwi. Tena Koutou, Tena Koutou, Tena Tatou Katoa.

13.8.08

Te Rā Apa - Wednesday 13 August

Ngā Tāngata o tēnei rohe.




I've just finished reading the
OCLC Next Space Newsletter – Web 2.0: Where will the next generation of the web it take libraries? and found the different readings really interesting. Dr Wendy Schultz succinctly writes that (Library 2.0, is where) a futures perspective asks us to reconnect this dialogue to the grand sweep of time from the treasured past to the adventure of the future - and to put people and meaning at the centre of our concerns". I totally agree with her statement. I didn't find it easy to watch the suggested video in our discovery resource list, so I ended up watching the You Tube video Building Academic Library 2.0 with Meredith Farkas. She was clear about the benefits and some of the pitfalls of the Library 2.0, which I found fascinating .

No comments:

Cute little Malaysian girl, singing.

Laughing Baby

A wee Scottish lass singing Three Craws.

Little Korean boy will make you smile.

Labels